Baloi is a 3rd class municipality located on the northeastern part of Lanao Del Norte Province. It is bounded on the north by Iligan City, on the east by Tagoloan, on the south by Pantao Ragat, and on the west by Poona Piagapo and Matungao. It has a total land area of square kilometers and is politically subdivided into 21 barangays.
It is also the home of the Agus IV Hydroelectric Powerplant (Located in Barangay Nangka; 18 kilometers from Iligan City). The first underground hydroelectric plant in Mindanao and the third in the Philippines, located 120 meters below ground surface. The plant is said to be sufficient to light a city more than 12 times the size of Iligan City or to run 20 cement factories.
Baloi is politically subdivided into 21 barangays.
Sangcad (Cormatan )
- Philippine Science High School Central Mindanao Campus is the second Mindanao campus of the Philippine Science High School System, a special public high school in the Philippines. It caters to scientifically- and mathematically-gifted high school students from all over the country. It is located in Nangka, Balo-i, Lanao del Norte.
former MSU Baloi Pilot High School now transforms into a college institution which offers 3 courses Bachelor of science in Agricultural Technollogy, Bachelor of Science in Forestry Technology, Bachelor of science in Informatioon Technology.
- WESTERN PHILIPPINE COLLEGE FOUNDATION INC.
Located in Brgy. Abaga Baloi Lanao del Norte, offers Bachelor of Science in Education, Criminology complete highschool and Elementary Education.
- IBN MAS-OD INTEGRATED SCHOOL
Located in Brgy. East Poblacion offers Integrated Elementary education with Arabic Education
- MOMUNGAN ACADEMY
Located in Brgy. Pacalundo.
- (BALOI EAST DISTRICT)
1.Maria Cristina Central School 2.Nangka elementary School 3.Datu Timbul Ali Elementary School 4.Sigayan Primary School 5.Abaga Elementary School 6.Pendulunan Elemntary School
- (BALOI WEST DISTRICT)
DISTRICT SUPERVISOR NORHATTAH C. DAUD
1.Baloi Central School 2.Momongan Elementary School 3.PAcalundo Elementary School 4.Dadoan elemntary School 5.Bangko Elementary School 6.Balut Primary School
- BALOI NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- Rotie (a pancake that is made by a flour mixed with chicken curry flavor).
- Bakas (a tuna cooked through a smoke).
- Sweet Delecacies such as Tiyateg, Berowa, Amik, and lastly Tamokonsi.
- Camote, the largest camote in the province is located in Baloi.
OFFICIAL MAP OF BALOI